Assignment Brief Academic Year 2020-21
Module code and title: FY026 Preparing for Success At University: Knowledge and Creativity Module leader: Alexandra Kraleva
Assignment No. and type: CW1: Reflective Essay Assessment weighting: 40%
Submission time and date:
15th January 2021 (Friday) at 2:00 pm Target feedback time and date: 5th February 2020 at 2:00 pm
Write an essay of 1000 words Review and write about
• How and why you have developed as a learner during this module
• Further reflections on how to approach future challenges and expectations of a university course
This assignment has been designed to provide you with an opportunity to demonstrate your achievement of the following module learning outcomes:
LO 1 Demonstrate effective communication skills, applicable to academic and professional contexts.
LO 2 Reflect on their individual performance, behaviour and experience in education and/or employment
Written work submitted as part of this assignment should be presented according to the following:
1. The essay should be 1.5 line spaced
2. Font must be Ariel 12
3. Follow the reference guidelines
Internal approval: Ann Mullard, October 2018
4. The assessment must be within the word count range 900-1100
Referencing and research requirements
Please reference your work according to the appropriate style for your subject as defined in Cite Them Right Online (http://www.citethemrightonline.com). This information is also available in book form: Pears,
R. and Shields, G. (2016) Cite them right: the essential reference guide. 10th edn. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan. Copies are available via the University library.
How your work will be assessed
Your work will be assessed on the extent to which it demonstrates your achievement of the stated learning outcomes for this assignment (see above) and against other key criteria, as defined in the University’s institutional grading descriptors. If it is appropriate to the format of your assignment and your subject area, a proportion of your marks will also depend upon your use of academic referencing conventions.
This assignment will be marked according to the grading descriptors for Foundation Level.
Information Presentation 30% Self-reflection and Criticality 35% Written Communication 35%
• You are reminded of the University’s regulations on academic misconduct, which can be viewed on the University website: https://bucks.ac.uk/ data/assets/pdf_file/0024/9546/Academic-Misconduct- Policy.pdf. In submitting your assignment, you are acknowledging that you have read and understood these regulations
• Please also note that work that is submitted up to 10 working days beyond the submission date will be considered a late submission. Late submissions will be marked and the actual mark recorded, but will be capped at the pass mark (typically 40%), provided that the work is of a passing standard. Work submitted after this period will not be marked and will be treated as a non-submission.