Information and Communication Technology (ICT) has become significantly important for digital businesses and has become even more imperative during the current pandemic. This is evident through the widespread use of cell phones, smart phones, emails, web conferencing, Internet and Cloud etc. However, it is not all the good news. There are challenges as well.
You are required to write a report on the following FOUR topics:
• Collaboration in workplace has significantly gained importance in recent times, especially during pandemic. Identify any TWO collaboration tools and discuss how they have helped businesses to survive the current pandemic reducing the physical contact among the participants.
• Cloud computing, cloud storage and ecommerce are becoming the new normal even in industries that, before the pandemic, seemed decades away from digitalisation. Discuss advantages, disadvantages, suitability, and applications of cloud storage and computing in improving digitalisation.
• As the global pandemic upended work and home routines, cyber attackers pounced. The year 2020 holds valuable lessons for cyber security as many workers enter hybrid arrangements, with home office becoming at least a partial fixture. No matter, what post-pandemic world looks like, protecting people – wherever and however they work – will be an ongoing challenge. Identify privacy and security challenges and discuss what possible measures could be taken.
• Discuss the importance of crypto currency for businesses. What is your opinion on adopting crypto currency such as Bit coin (?) for businesses?
Formatting and Report
Please note the following when completing your written assignment:
1. Writing: Written in English in an appropriate business/academic style
2. Focus: Focus only on the tasks set in the assignment.
3. Document format: Report
4. Ensure a clear title, course, and name or ID number is on a cover sheet and a reference using Harvard referencing throughout is also provided.
5. Research: Research should use reliable and relevant sources of information e.g. academic books and journals that have been peer reviewed. The research should be extensive.
The use of a range of information sources is expected – academic books, peer reviewed journal articles, professional articles, press releases and newspaper articles, reliable statistics, company annual reports and other company information. All referencing should be in Harvard style.