AssignmentBrief Academic Year2020-21
Module code andtitle: FY026 Preparing for Success At University: Knowledge and Creativity Moduleleader:
AssignmentNo. andtype: CW2: Portfolio andReflective Summary Assessmentweighting: 60%
Target feedback time anddate:
19th February 2021 at 2:00pm
Using materials generated in class and through your independent study, populate a portfolio of evidenceof your learning and development during themodule.
Write 40-50word summary under each twelve (12) pieces of evidence to explain the reasons, for your choice of materials used to populate thePortfolio. Your summary sections word count must not extend 450 -550 words (12 pieces of evidence * 40 words = 480 words for example).
This assignment requires youto:
1. Create a portfolio using Microsoft Word.
2. Add sections to a page within the Portfolio to create themed spaces to which materials can be uploaded.
3. Choose a selection of documents to upload to thePortfolio.
• A minimum of 12 documents issuggested.
• These should be materials generated during FY026 classes, or through independent study relevant to thismodule.
• This might include a selection of reading logs, photographs of work completed in class, examples of academicwriting.
• There is no word count for these documents although it is anticipated that they should provide a minimum of 1000 words in addition to thesummary. The total word count 1500 words
• Using the Learning Outcomes may help you to choose which documents toinclude.
4. Upload the documents to the relevant themedsections.
Portfolio workshops will be provided to help you to complete thesetasks.
Internal approval: Ann Mullard, October2018
This assignment has been designed to provide you with an opportunity to demonstrateyour achievement of the following module learningoutcomes:
LO1 Demonstrate effective communication skills, applicable to academic and professionalcontexts.
LO2 Reflect on their individual performance, behaviour and experience in education and/or employment
LO3 Locate and evaluate resources for academic and employment-relatedpurposes
LO4 Think critically and creatively about graduate employment opportunities in thefuture
Written work submitted as part of this assignment should be presented according to thefollowing:
1. The summary should be 1.5 linespaced
2. Font must be Arial12
3. Follow the referenceguidelines
4. The summary must be within the word count range 450-550words
Referencing and researchrequirements
Please reference your work according to the Harvard style for your subject as defined in Cite Them Right Online (http://www.citethemrightonline.com). This information is also available in book form: Pears, R. and Shields, G. (2016) Cite them right: the essential reference guide. 10th edn. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan. Copies are available via the Universitylibrary.
As the Portfolio is developmental, only the summary will be marked according to the Harvard referencing guidelines on Cite Them RightOnline.
How your work will beassessed
Your work will be assessed on the extent to which it demonstrates your achievement of the statedlearning outcomes for this assignment (see above) and against other key criteria, as defined in the University’s institutional grading descriptors. If it is appropriate to the format of your assignment and your subject area, a proportion of your marks will also depend upon your use of academic referencingconventions.
This assignment will be marked according to the grading descriptors for FoundationLevel.
You are required to submit the 500 word summary (12 pieces of evidence * 40/50 words explanation of the reason for your choice =480 words)using Microsoft Word Document. Your CW2: Portfolio and Reflective summary must be submitted on the blackboard via CW1 submission link.
1. Create a snapshot of the completed Portfolio and share this with your lecturer and with the module leader Alexandra Kraleva | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Ensure that you select the option to send an e-mail to the users with whom the Portfolio is being shared.
• You are reminded of the University’s regulations on academic misconduct, which can be viewed on the Universitywebsite:https://bucks.ac.uk/ data/assets/pdf_file/0024/9546/Academic-Misconduct-Policy.pdf. In submitting your assignment, you are acknowledging that you have read and understood theseregulations
• Please also note that work that is submitted up to 10 working days beyond the submission date will be considered a late submission. Late submissions will be marked and the actual mark recorded, but will be capped at the pass mark (typically 40%), provided that the work is of a passing standard. Work submitted after this period will not be marked and will be treated as anon-submission.